Mon, Aug 16|
2SLGBTQIA Affirmation for Wellness and Movement Professionals
As a movement professional, knowing how to create offerings and guide folks in a way that’s affirming to Queer, Trans, and Nonbinary people is essential to their safety and wellbeing. (Read more in description)
Time & Location
Aug 16, 2021, 5:30 PM PDT – Aug 23, 2021, 7:00 PM PDT
About the event
IMPORTANT: Please note that this event is priced for both sessions on 8/16 and 8/23 both from 5:30-7pm PST via Zoom with Maygen Nicholson. These Zoom sessions will also be recorded and sent to all attendees, atendees will have access to that Zoom recording for 2 weeks. So if you are not able to be with us in the live session, you can still benefit from having access to the recording.
2SLGBTQIA Affirmation for Wellness and Movement Professionals:
As a movement professional, knowing how to create offerings and guide folks in a way that’s affirming to Queer, Trans, and Nonbinary people is essential to their safety and wellbeing. Becoming a safer person to all beings that are outside of your lived experience requires learning to be put into action. Join us in community as we unlearn, integrate new understanding, while also receiving information on how to put everything learned into action. While all of my offerings are rooted in wellness, you can expect to be held and supported through your process of unlearning and relearning during our time together. This course is for all 2SLGBTQIA+ and allied dance teachers and dancers who are seeking to further their affirmation practices.
Part 1 - Gender 101 (8/16):
The first step in becoming a safer person or organization to all Queer, Trans, and Nonbinary people is to understand how gender is far more vast than the gender binary that society has taught us.
During our time together, we'll cover:
- - Basic education around gender identity, gender expression, biological sex, and more.
- - How to differentiate between the above.
- - Names and definitions of many different genders and expressions.
- - To expand your vocabulary as it relates to gender.
- - How all of this relates to your journey and how you can explore further for yourself whether you’re cisgender, Trans, Nonbinary, any other gender, or even if you have no gender at all.
Part 2 - 2SLGBTQIA+ Affirmation in Practice (8/23):
Here we integrate how an understanding of Queer and Trans identities relates to taking action.
In this section, we'll cover:
- - The process of dismantling your biases around gender.
- - How gender came to be and how it relates to systemic oppression.
- - How to use gender-affirming language as it relates to movement and addressing your students.
- - What it means to be trauma-informed and body positive for 2SLGBTQIA+ people.
1 hour 30 minutes
Part 1 - Gender 101Zoom Session 1
1 hour 30 minutes
Part 2 - 2SLGBTQIA+ Affirmation in PracticeZoom Session 2
Part 1 & 2
2SLGBTQIA Affirmation for Wellness and Movement Professionals Part 1 - Gender 101 (8/16) Part 2 - 2SLGBTQIA+ Affirmation in Practice (8/23)$30.00+$0.75 service fee